We are hiring now !
The following positions are currently available :
• 3D Animators (Deadline : May 31st, 2019)
• Technical Director
Moetion Films is currently seeking a Senior 3D Animator for our 3D animation feature film sequel.
Contract position. 7 months min
Required Skillset and Duties
3+ years’ experience as a 3D Animator;
- Proficient animating in Maya.
- Advanced body mechanics and acting skills; feature film animation experience desirable.
- Highly creative and detail oriented.
- Confident, motivated and passionate; possessing a committed attitude to creating excellent animation.
- Strong technical skills; Knowledge of other softwares and 3D softwares is required such Arnold, Yeti and Natron.
- Consistency in meeting production deadlines and required output.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills with various depts; animators, production, technical and direction.
- Flexibility; ability to work with minimum supervision and problem solve.
- Solid organizational skills with adherence to file structures; naming conventions; knowledge and experience using Shotgun. Clean and organized files.
- Attend meetings, take good notes, take direction, maintain style and level of animation in each sequence.
Please apply with your CV and showreel by May 31st, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Moetion Films is currently seeking a Technical Director to support our 3D animation team for our 3D animation feature film sequel.
Contract position. 8 months
This 3D Technical Director (TD) role provides critical support to the film’s animation department. The position requires a person who is highly competent to oversee the sequences technically for each animator from the start of each sequence to the publishing of the proxy rendered completed sequence for directors’ approval. The role requires someone who can work well under pressure, be highly organized, and meet agreed deadlines. This person will be required to maintain the processes, procedures and policies of the internal studio as well as work collaboratively with our partners in co-production. They would need to create scripts to trouble shoot issues arising for the animators in order to help maintain an ongoing efficiency in the animators’ work. The role requires a person who has an open positive attitude to working both in a team and on their own.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the animation team by overseeing the animation technically, including writing scripts/tools to troubleshoot rigs, shots, animation, and software bugs.
- Ensure workflow and software and technical set ups follows studio policies and guidelines.
- Carrying out caching and semi-render of shots and sequences for approval.
- Publish shots/ sequences for approval on Shotgun.
- Work closely with the animators and in conjunction with others working in the various departments such as: animation director, partnering technical directors, production managers, and the production engineers in order to maintain and further the production pipeline and efficiency of output of animation according to the production schedule.
- Maintain excellent file keeping, documentation and manage back ups.
- Possibly assist at times in the training and mentoring of other entry level technical assistant.
- Experienced at supporting complex character animation.
- Experience desirable at building tools to improve animation, and pipelines.
- Extensive knowledge of Maya, Yeti, Arnold, Nuke and other 3D and rendering softwares.
- Knowledge of Python desirable
- Good experience of Linux based systems.
- Good experience and practical working knowledge and understanding of Shotgun.
- 3D animation experience
- Must be very well organised, detail oriented, and focused.
- Must have clear precise written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must passionate about the work.
Please apply with your CV and link to your previous animation TD relevant work to email@example.com